Friday, October 19, 2012

Tistics

Tistics : noun : [tis-tiks]

Definition: The other part of statistics that people aren't studying when they say they're studying 'stats'.

     Well my younger brother is taking AP Statistics, but to him and most everyone else, it's just "stats."  So obviously the "tistics" part is the part that they are learning about, as it was so keenly put to me the other day.  But which part of statistics is the "tistics" part, you might ask?  Well I don't actually know.  Maybe the part that the calculator does for them.  Or maybe it's something one learns later on in life as they stop studying "stats" and start learning "statistics" but I'm not really sure.  I think it's just the stuff a calculator does.  There you have it.  How does a calculator know so much?  Easy; it knows tistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment