Saturday, September 22, 2012

Manpanzee

Manpanzee : noun : [man-pan-zee]

Definition:  (1) A monkey garbed in formal human attire. (2) A small human person that seems to act more monkey than human.

     Well as I always give credit where credit is due, I got this one while watching "The Pirates! Band of Misfits", a Wallace & Gromit style animated movie about, well, pirates.  There is a small mute monkey dressed up as a butler in the movie who talks via notecards, and his owner first refers to him as a manpanzee.  Right when he said it I knew it would be on the blog today.  And as I thought about the word, I realized that little kids who act like monkeys can qualify to be manpanzees as well.  In which case I was one as a child.  I could not be more proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment