Friday, September 28, 2012

Footballesia

Footballesia : noun : [foot-baw-lee-zhuh]

Definition: A mental condition in which the patient suffers from temporary obsession of football, sometimes resulting in the inability to perform non-football related tasks.

     Don't get me wrong, I love football.  But it's just a sport, a game, nothing more.  Yes for professional athletes it is a profession, but there is no such thing as a professional fan.  And even though I love rooting for my team, I'm fortunate enough to realize that people can get pretty, I guess, stupid while watching football.  The get footballesia, so the only care about the game.  Sometimes it lasts for hours, sometimes days, weeks, or even months.  So for those of you with footballesia, I would suggest to just let it go. Especially you, Packers fans.  Don't get me wrong, I love to watch football and stuff.  But as someone who has successfully overcome fooballesia, remember that a loss doesn't alter your life course.  Unless you do something really dumb because your team lost.  Then it stinks to be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment