Sunday, September 30, 2012

Delishious

Delishious : adjective : [dee-lih-shee-uhs]

Definition: Extra delicious, but more in the sense of a person's character.

     I got this word from the musical "Nice Work If You Can Get It", the new Broadway musical featuring Matthew Broderick and Kelli O'Hara.  Not that I actually saw it.  It was my parents that did, who saw it on their recent trip to New York and proceeded to introduce us to the music.  Written by George Gershwin (the music that is), there are many famous songs, like "Fascinating Rhythm" and "I've Got A Crush On You".  From what I understand it is a ridiculously hilarious musical, and the song "Delishious" is from an extra-funny scene where one character is in a bubble bath and other people emerge as the song goes on.  Which to me sounds downright entertaining.  I can't wait to see the show one day when I head to Broadway.

No comments:

Post a Comment