Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pentapus

Pentapus : noun : [pen-tuh-puhs]

Definition: A five-legged (or -appendaged, I guess) octopus.

     An octopus has eight legs, a pentapus has five legs.  It's as simple as that.  It came about (for me, at least) when my youngest brother (almost 14) made an octopus out of a napkin while at the dinner table. Needless to say he was quite bored, but what came out had only five legs.  And an extremely disfigured head.  We thought we had come up with pentapus ourselves, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought that it may be something previously made up by someone else, perhaps a Pokemon or something along those lines.  And, as fate would have it, it does exist already in someone else's made up universe.  But it's still a made up word so it's here regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment